Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday, May 16th, 2010

Hey there, this is my first time blogging. I thought today's story would be an appropriate start to my blogging career.

So, today me and my friend Olivia were hanging out. My house gets pretty boring, there was absolutely NOTHING to do. So we decide to get a head start on our Spanish project. We have to make an authentic Spanish food and video tape it. So we think of churros, of course.

Okay, so we've found the recipe, it looks DELICIOUS, and my mom is about to leave to go shopping. PERFECT! Or at least, that's what I thought.

We get everthing prepared, print the recipe out, make sure we have everything. The mission is GO.

The second, and i mean the second, my mom shuts the door behind her, we take action. We make the dough, we start frying the churros, everything is going great. We sprinkle them with cinnamon and they taste awesome. We hear something outside, but I was sure it wasn't my mom; I live on a busy street so I'm kind of used to weird noises. But then Olivia looks outside. "Uhhhhh Alyssa, it IS your mom!"

Aw crap!

Okay, so we take evasive action and go into clean-up mode. We put the dishes in the sink, dump the churros, and start wiping down the counters. Whew, I thought, we're fer sure gonna make it.

By now the only thing left is the big pot of EXTREMELY HOT OIL we used for frying. So we put that in the sink too.

Well, the water was running from me doing the other dishes.

Let's just say cold water and 360 degree oil...they don't mix so well.

BANG! The oil starts popping and exploding all over the entire kitchen.

Oil's on everything, it's even on the ceiling, not to mention hot grease is shooting at us and we almost got burned.

So, inevitably, my mom walks in the kitchen. She doesn't say anything at first, she hasn't realized it yet. Then she comments on the funny smell. Uh yeah, that would just be burnt oil...

So then she realizes that oil is literally EVERYWHERE. Keep in mind, my mom was exhausted and she had told me and Olivia she barely had enough energy to go to the store. So imagine her surprise when she has to clean up a completely soiled kitchen. Of course, Olivia and I tried to do most of the cleaning, but let's be honest, 15 year olds aren't exactly known for their cleaning skills.

So now, I am on "chore duty" for the next couple of weeks. Lucky me.

I just love my crazy life.
cool Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

  1. thought you were pretty sneaky, huh? Lesson learned I guess...and I still LOVE you :)

    ReplyDelete